Assistant Housekeeping Manager
The Ordway: The Ordway is the arts epicenter of Saint Paul, Minnesota, and one of the leading nonprofits performing arts centers in the country. Founded on the belief that performing arts should be wide-ranging and accessible to all, the Ordway is home to a variety of performances that encompass the finest in Broadway musicals, concerts, dance and vocal artists. Known as the most comfortable place to catch a show in Minnesota, the Ordway includes a magnificent 1,900-seat Music Theater, a state-of-the-art 1,100-seat Concert Hall and spacious lobbies. The Ordway aims to reflect the communities it serves and address barriers to ensure everyone can experience the power of the performing arts.
Position Purpose: The Ordway Center for the Performing Arts is seeking an enthusiastic and detail-oriented Assistant Housekeeping Manager to lead a team and ensure that the facility is performance ready and welcoming to all guests. This role is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe and clean environment for all staff and visitors. This position primarily works performances on nights and weekends, will provide work direction for other staff, and will occasionally be the only Housekeeper on duty.
- Posting Date: 11/17/22
- Closing Date: The Ordway is dedicated to building an equitable environment and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, transgender, and non-binary candidates. This position will remain open until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Employee Type: Hourly, Full-time
- Pay: $22.50 - $25 per hour
- Department: Housekeeping
- Reports to: Housekeeping Manager
Key Performance Areas:
- Maintain cleanliness standards and guidelines using various processes and equipment to ensure a daily safe and clean environment that demonstrates the Ordway’s impeccable appearance.
- Will communicate with Housekeeping Manager to ensure that tasks and events are understood and that any additional resources needed are allocated.
- Work both independently and with a custodial team to complete daily and assigned tasks.
- Maintain all Ordway cleaning standards and guidelines in the common areas, Music Theater, Concert Hall, lobbies, dressing rooms and public and back of house restrooms.
- Complete exterior maintenance tasks as needed, such as sweeping, picking up trash and maintaining an inviting access path to the venue.
- Assist and complete unique tasks when special events are planned at the Ordway to meet the demands of each event.
- This role is responsible for creating a welcoming presence to all who enter the Theater front of house and back of house.
- This key position will provide work direction to other Housekeeping staff at weekend and evening performances and work shifts.
- The Ordway is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and inclusive excellence of the organization through their communication skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in housekeeping is required.
- Excellent independent decision making is necessary.
- Supervisory experience, or providing others with work direction, is preferred.
- Must be comfortable using a walkie-talkie to communicate.
- The ability to lift 50 lbs., with assistance.
- The ability to bend, move quickly up and down stairs, crouch or stoop, crawl, work in small spaces, and walk.
To Apply: For more information or to apply, visit ordway.org/employment.
Ordway is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, marital status, familial status, public assistance status, age, local human rights commission activity, national origin, and veteran, or disability status. The Ordway Theater and administrative office are wheelchair accessible and service animals are welcomed. All applicants who have questions or needs regarding access accommodations or interpreting assistance for job interviews are encouraged to reach out to Human Resources.
We know there are great candidates who may not fit into the criteria we’ve outlined here, or who have important skills we haven’t listed. If that’s you, please don’t hesitate to apply anyway and tell us about yourself.