Ticket Services Associate (part-time)
The Ordway: The Ordway is the arts epicenter of Saint Paul, Minnesota, and one of the leading nonprofit performing arts centers in the country. Founded on the belief that performing arts should be wide-ranging and accessible to all, the Ordway is home to a variety of performances that encompass the finest in Broadway musicals, concerts, dance and vocal artists. Known as the most comfortable place to catch a show in Minnesota, the Ordway includes a magnificent 1,900-seat Music Theater, a state-of-the-art 1,100-seat Concert Hall and spacious lobbies. The Ordway aims to reflect the communities it serves and address barriers to ensure everyone can experience the power of the performing arts.
Position Purpose: The Ordway Center for the Performing Arts is seeking part-time Ticket Services Associates to provide ticketing and exceptional customer service for our patrons. This position is perfect for someone who enjoys a high-activity atmosphere, solving problems, making conversation, and building relationships. These roles will work during performances on nights and weekends to support the work of the Ordway. The Ticket Services Associates are also responsible for revenue generation and general support for the Ticket Services department at the Ordway. As a part of the Ticket Services team you will experience how the magic of performing arts makes a difference in our community.Upcoming shows include: Nachito Herrera and the Havana Jazz All Stars, SIX, Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, A Soldier’s Play, and My Fair Lady!
- Posting Date: 8/18/2022
- Closing Date: The Ordway is dedicated to building an equitable environment and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, transgender and non-binary candidates. This position will remain open until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Employee Type: Part-time, hourly, nonexempt
- Pay: $15 - $17 per hour
- Department: Ticket Services
- Reports to: Director of Ticket Services
Key Performance Areas:
- Process ticketing transactions in Audience View to generate revenue and creatively problem solve to provide an excellent buying experience for Ordway patrons.
- Provide Ticket Services support for Ordway and Schubert Club events.
- Support Group Sales; create, foster, and expand relationships with client base of schools, corporations, and other groups of ten or more ensuring that they receive the best possible service and theatre experience.
- Provide exceptional customer service according to the Ordway’s service standards and guidelines to ensure the Ordway experience.
- Provide operations support to the Ordway as needed to facilitate workflow, with a focus on Ticket Services and Marketing department needs
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned by Director of Ticket Services or Supervisors that will optimize workflow, coordination among departments, and assure that Ordway’s service standards and guidelines are met.
- The Ordway is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and inclusive objectives of the organization and promote a culture of respect.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- At least one year sales or customer service experience required, phone sales experience preferred.
- Computer ticketing and experience preferred, experience with Audience View ticketing software a plus.
- High degree of sensitivity for confidentiality.
- Successful candidates must be committed to working with diverse community populations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to operate software including basic email functions, managing calendar and contacts in Outlook and managing tasks and notes.
- Elementary math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals and fractions.
- Ability to identify, evaluate, investigate and offer alternative solutions to problems.
To Apply: For more information or to apply, visit ordway.org/employment.
Ordway is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, marital status, familial status, public assistance status, age, local human rights commission activity, national origin, and veteran, or disability status. The Ordway Theater and administrative office are wheelchair accessible and service animals are welcomed. All applicants who have questions or needs regarding access accommodations or interpreting assistance for job interviews are encouraged to reach out to Human Resources.
We know there are great candidates who may not fit into the criteria we’ve outlined here, or who have important skills we haven’t listed. If that’s you, please don’t hesitate to apply anyway and tell us about yourself.