Floor Supervisor (part-time)
The Ordway: The Ordway is the arts epicenter of Saint Paul, Minnesota, and one of the leading nonprofit performing arts centers in the country. Founded on the belief that performing arts should be wide-ranging and accessible to all, the Ordway is home to a variety of performances that encompass the finest in Broadway musicals, concerts, dance and vocal artists. Known as the most comfortable place to catch a show in Minnesota, the Ordway includes a magnificent 1,900-seat Music Theater, a state-of-the-art 1,100-seat Concert Hall and spacious lobbies. The Ordway aims to reflect the communities it serves and address barriers to ensure everyone can experience the power of the performing arts.
The Floor Supervisor is responsible for the leadership of Guest Services staff, in a specific area of the venue, during performances and events.
- Posting Date: 8/8/2022
- Closing Date: The Ordway is dedicated to building an equitable environment and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, transgender and non-binary candidates. This position will remain open until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Employee Type: Part-time, Nonexempt
- Pay: $14.60
- Department: Guest Services
- Reports to: Director of Guest Services
Key Performance Areas:
- Communicate event logistics and information to Guest Services staff, on their assigned floor, to ensure smooth operations for the event or performance.
- Enforce proper safety and security procedures/policies in a calm and productive manner, to ensure guests an outstanding experience.
- Evaluate guest or staff situations that need immediate attention, to ensure excellent customer service for all involved.
- The ability to work evenings and weekends as a normal work schedule is required.
- The Ordway is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and inclusive excellence of the organization through their communication skills.
- Customer service experience required.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- The ability to bend, lift, stay mobile for extended two+ hours, and move quickly up and down stairs in low light situations are all required. Reasonable accommodations can be offered, as requested.
- The ability to work evenings and weekends is required.
The Ordway requires all employees to present proof of either full COVID-19 vaccination* or a negative COVID-19 test results taken within 72 hours prior to entering our building. The Ordway is an equal opportunity employer and will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for employees and applicants based on disability or sincerely-held religious beliefs.
* Full vaccination is defined as two-weeks or more past a COVID-19 booster.
To Apply: For more information or to apply, visit Ordway.org/employment.
Ordway is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, marital status, familial status, public assistance status, age, local human rights commission activity, national origin, and veteran, or disability status. The Ordway Theater and administrative office are wheelchair accessible and service animals are welcomed. All applicants who have questions or needs regarding access accommodations or interpreting assistance for job interviews are encouraged to reach out to Human Resources.
We know there are great candidates who may not fit into the criteria we’ve outlined here, or who have important skills we haven’t listed. If that’s you, please don’t hesitate to apply anyway and tell us about yourself.